Your privacy is important to us! This policy describes how the App collects your information, how that information is shared with Halo Burger, and how Relevant uses the information to provide you services.
Here are a few key points to remember:
- Relevant Collects the Data and Halo Burger Owns It: Relevant designs, produces, and maintains the App and is the primary recipient of the information collected by them. Relevant collects historical information about your usage of the App.
- Data Collected by Relevant is Only Used for the App: We make lots of Apps. Relevant does not use information collected by this app for the purposes of another Relevant app, unless the information is anonymized and aggregated.
- We Collect Your Location to Provide You Cool Features: The App, with your consent, collects location information produced by your phone—this information is not associated with any customer identifying information, and it not shared publicly or with other users of the App.
- We Do NOT Sell Your Data To Spammers: Relevant does not share any information collected by the App with spammers, marketers, or data brokers.
Relevant designs, produces, and maintains the Halo Burger App. All data from the App is sent to Relevant except for correspondence you send directly to Halo Burger.
Information We Collect
Registration Information. You must register in order to use the App. When you register, you will be asked to provide an email address, a password, and your phone number which will be used to identify you to receive rewards in our stores. We will also ask you for your birthday and zip code but these fields are optional.
Information Collected by the App
Usage information. The App collects information the App generates when you use it, which includes any information you enter into the App, as well as information derived from your use of the App, such as receipt information that is transmitted when you provide the cashier with your phone number, and information related to surveys you submit.
Log Data. The App also collects the following background data about you, also known as log data, when you use of the Halo Burger App: (1) device type (e.g., the type of phone), (2) phone software version, (3) device identifiers, including iPhone device tokens and Android phone device tokens and device numbers, (4) number of uses and length of use of the App, and (5) IP address of users’ historical login information.
Location Information. The Halo Burger App is equipped with mobile device location information features. With your permission, the Halo Burger App will collect location data produced by your mobile device at regular intervals. This location information will be made available to Halo Burger with registration information and usage information removed.
How We Use Your Data
The App collects information and sends it to Relevant, where it is processed and stored. All collected information and reports about usage are provided and made available to Halo Burger. Although Relevant is the primary recipient of the information that the App collects, all of that information is the property of Halo Burger.
The information collected by the App may be used in the following ways by Relevant:
- To provide services including the issuance of points, rewards, surveys, and other functions that are part of the App or Halo Burger’ customer engagement program.
- To analyze point-of-sale data linked to your order when you provide the Halo Burger cashier with your App barcode. Relevant will analyze this to learn about your purchase preferences and to process and store details involving the time, place, number of items, order costs, which of Halo Burger’ customer service agents helped you, and other features of your orders.
- To communicate an offer, contest, promotion, survey, or other Application feature via the app or at the email address you provided to us. Relevant communicates with you for these purposes at the direction of Halo Burger. You can unsubscribe from promotional emails by following the instructions at the bottom of an email.
- To periodically send emails or messages giving you information about your loyalty transaction and the App, including maintenance issues. Because these emails are necessary to facilitate the functionality of the App and loyalty program, you cannot opt-out of receiving them as long as you are an active user of the App.
- To improve Relevant’s other services, for example, by analyzing customer usage patterns of the Halo Burger App and drawing conclusions from such patterns.
- To provide customer service, including to aid in the assessment of technical support requests.
How We Share Your Data
- Consent: Relevant shares information collected by the App with your consent.
- Aggregated and Anonymous Information: Relevant may share information collected by the App with affiliated and unaffiliated third parties, but only where the information does not personally identify you, is aggregated with other users’ information in ways that make your personal identity impossible to discern, or is otherwise deidentified. Location information collected by the Halo Burger App is anonymized and not associated with any customer identifying information. Your location is not considered public information, is never published to other users of the App or to a public audience, or posted on any profile.
- Valid Legal Process with Notice: Relevant may share information collected by the App if it believes such a disclosure is reasonably necessary to prevent harm to members of the public or required for compliance with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or court order. Where possible and not prevented by law, we will provide notice to you in advance of turning over any information.
- Third Party Service Providers: Relevant shares information collected by the App with third-party service providers as is necessary to perform functions and provide services to our customers.
Other Things You Should Know
Retention and storage of data. Relevant indefinitely retains the information collected by the App. Sensitive information such as passwords are encrypted and stored in Relevant’s database. That database is stored on servers hosted by Amazon Web Services located in the United States. To learn more about Amazon Web Services and to view their privacy notice, see http://aws.amazon.com/privacy/. Relevant designs products for clients other than Halo Burger but stores customer information from all its services in the same database. Relevant does not combine the user information from these services unless it is anonymized and aggregated.
Be careful with your information. If you contact Halo Burger via e-mail or by using the “contact us” or similar feature on the Halo Burger App, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure. A third party could view information you send by these methods in transit. Be sure to keep your password private.
Social Media. You may choose to use the Halo Burger App’s social media feature to sign into your Facebook or Twitter account. After obtaining your permission, we may receive information about your Facebook account when you choose to sign in to your Facebook account within the App and may make it available to Halo Burger—this information may include your email address, Facebook ID, and permission for the Halo Burger App to submit posts under your Facebook account that are visible to other individuals with access to your Facebook activity.
Deactivation of Your Account. You have the choice to “deactivate” your use of the App by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting that your account be deactivated. In your email please provide the number (phone number) that you used to sign up as well as the best email address where we can contact you.
Information collected by the App is not deleted when you “deactivate” your account, and both Relevant and Halo Burger will retain access to it. Once your account has been “deactivated,” your account continues to be stored on Relevant’s servers and is retained by Halo Burger. In other words, your deactivation of the App does not automatically delete the records associated with your user account.
The App is not directed towards children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact Relevant. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take action to remove such information and terminate the account.
Last updated 07/25/14